Friday, January 14, 2011

Shopping Anyone?

I love to participate in swaps.  I try to make cards that others will appreciate and love getting back a variety of cards that use Stampin' Up! products in ways I would never had thought.  Great way to be inspired.  The latest swap group I joined is for the entire year of 2011.  Each month there are three themes to choose from and I opted to do double duty with two cards.  This month I chose girl's birthday and thank you cards.  I got all kinds of mojo last weekend so these got in the mail early; the other swapper's cards should be here in a few weeks and I will share the bounty with you all as soon as I receive it.  I will be trying to give more info on the products used in the cards I create to share all Stampin' Up! products with you.

 Most of us girls love to shop, add to that a sumptuous selection of cakes and what a birthday it would be!  I could brag all day about how great my husband is in supporting me; he basically says "As long as you are happy"; however, his appreciation for our wonderful craft lacks big time!  When I showed him this card, his response was "are there pink shopping bags?".  Oh well, I pretty much feel the same way when he tells me all the details of the latest OSU game.

Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Pretty in Pink
DSP: Melon Mambo 
Inks: Basic Black, Melon Mambo Marker
Stamps: Birthday Bakery (Hostess Set)
Embellishments: Pretty in Pink Satin and 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon and some hot pink tissue paper.



The cup of flowers is colored with our pastels; I was surprised how vivid the colors came through and will be turning to the pastels more often as a coloring choice. 

Cardstock: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Rose Red & Pear Pizzazz
DSP: Springtime Vintage (Occasions Mini)
Inks: Basic Black
Stamps: Fun & Fast Notes
Embellishments:  SU Pastels (Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Baja Breeze
Scallop Border Punch, Pear Pizzazz Poly Ribbon and SU Dimensionals

1 comment: