Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Edwin is here!


I must admit it is hard to give loving attention to both the blog and the copics/stamps without ignoring the family, lol. I haven't posted in a while but have quite a few for this week. Several generous stampers have sent me Magnolia images to play with. Edwin here is my first. Like with everything else, coloring with copics has a learning curve. A quick hint to anyone looking to start buying them, get the super light colors first; I have found that the image gets very dark quickly when blending with some of the colors I have. But, I am still addicted. I convinced my friend, Mary, to join a monthly copic group in Pickerington which is about 1 1/2 hours from us. We went to our first meeting on Sunday and colored some great cupcakes which I will post when they are completed; hopefully not too much procrastination, lol. The store is called Pizzaz It and they have quite a large scrapbook inventory, great staff, and a good selection of sketch copics. On March 13th, we will be selling stuff at a "garage sale" in the store. If you live near by (within 1 1/2 hour) stop by.

Back to Edwin, the papers are a combination of Bo Bunny and ? from my stash. Added some ribbon and buttons and liquid applique to the bike, the dimension it adds is pretty nice. I also tried a new to me technique with prisma pencils for the background, it really adds interest to the image and he doesn't look like he is floating on the bike.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great Tuesday. See you tomorrow.

Julie

2 comments:

  1. Great job with the copics, Edwin looks great. Love how you grounded the bike with pencils too. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stamps is darling too- great coloring and love the card!

    ReplyDelete