Thursday, March 4, 2010

I am ADDICTED



to Magnolia stamps! I am lucky that there are so many nice stampers willing to share as I don't own any of the stamps but am able to play with the many images sent to me. Thanks ladies! I recently signed up to the Yahoo! group for Magnolia and am awed and somewhat intimitdated by the wonderful artistic ability of its members. Each month there is a theme for the front page card and one of the submissions is selected randomly and posted on the site. I decided to give it a try for March, which theme was BRIGHT. I gave in to my biggest fault and procrastinated too much to get in posted in time for consideration; however, I don't think anyone could say that it doesn't qualify for not being bright enough, lol.

Butterfly Tilda is having flitting around yet another new style of card, a tri-shutter. The papers are from a super portfolio I found on special at the local discount store (tons of paper & embellishments for $3). She has been colored with copics; if anyone is interested in which, I can start adding them to the page, let me know. There are some epoxy stickers and liquid applique for shine. Another copic quick tip, paper is so important. I am not sure which I like since all my images have been donated, but I do see a huge difference between them. Some of the papers let the ink bleed a lot and it is difficult to remove even with the blender. I have purchased some paper (need to check brand) and want to get some from GKDesigns; I will let you know my thoughts on both as I use them.

Well, have a super Thursday! Weekend is creeping up, yeah! Thanks for stopping by! See you tomorrow.

Julie

10 comments:

  1. Big, bright and beautiful job on the Copics!! really cute card. haven't tried my images yet. Too many challenges out there on top of my priority list. Will put them at the top asap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so cute! Well done! The image is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very bright and very cute. I love your coloring. I was on vacation when you were looking for some images. If you still want some more let me know and I will send you some. I hope I have some new ones in the mail today. The GK paper is the best I have tried so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, love the bright colors. Nicely colored!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tri-shutter card- love the bright colors! love the Magnolia stamps as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Julie, this is a fabulous card, love the bright colours :)

    Hope you're having a good week.

    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. these cards are stunning!!!! I have no magnolia either but hundreds of others if you ever want any...sbs29 sister Ronnie leaving love

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't trid a tri-shutter card yet. Yours looks wonderful. I love your bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!! Tri-Shutter cards are so fun to make and you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them too! What a beautiful card! Love the bright colors and I would love to know where you found the directions for the tri-fold card!

    Hugs,

    Susan (SBS29)

    ReplyDelete