Monday, February 7, 2011

Three Card Mon Day

The title is in reference to that street game where a guy mixes up three cards and you have to locate the Queen, known as Three Card Monty.  Since my oddball sense of humor is often not shared by others I thought I would give a brief explanation.  LOL

I made these cards using Punch Bunch (123211), one of the stamp sets you can get for FREE from the Sale-a-bration catalog.  Simply make a $50 purchase and any item in the mini is yours FREE.

This card is very vibrant and for some reason the colors didn't want to come through in the photo.  I had to take about a dozen pics of this to get one that did it a bit of justice.  This card is a 4.25 x 4.25 Garden Green card stock base embossed with the Petals A Plenty (116824) folder.  The flowers are inked with Pretty in Pink (100045) and highlighted with Melon Mambo (121074) markers.  The image was punched out with the 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch (119854). The wide ribbon is Pretty in Pink 1-1/8" Striped Grosgrain (119775) and the narrow ribbon is Whisper White 1/4" Grosgrain (109025) that I colored with the Melon Mambo marker.
 Another vibrant card; I must have been in a good mood today, lol.  The base is 3x6 Real Red (102482) card stock with a Daffodil Delight (119683) mat and two Peach Parfait (119794) squares punched with 1-1/2" Scallop Square (119884).  The center square is punched out of the card front and the Happy Birthday image is actually inside the card.  The two Real Red buttons (119747) are laced with Pumpkin Pie 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (119253) - no small feat getting that ribbon through those tiny holes!  I had to "help" it through with the small end of the stylus (100663).  This would be a great card for a kid.


Surprisingly, this card took the longest of the three.  I couldn't come up with a layout that I really liked.  I finally came up with this one and though it is by far not my favorite card, I can live with it.

The base is 4.25x4.25 Soft Suede card stock (115318) and Night of Navy (100867) mat.  I must admit that the Soft Suede is fast becoming one of my favorite go to neutrals; it is very rich and blends well with everything.  I punched a bunch of 3/4" circles and scribbled on them with Early Espresso (119680) marker for texture.  The bottom edge of card front is torn and inked.  The ribbon is 1/8" Very Vanilla Taffeta (119960).  I do love the owl punch, need to sleep on it for some more layout possibilities.

If you want to make some great cards with these stamps, all you need to do is send me an email.  Your products will be at your door in just a few days.  Order Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment