Monday, March 7, 2011

Out of My Comfort Zone

It is time for Three Card Mon-Day!  This weekend I challenged myself to use stamps that are outside of my usual style choice.  I love flowers and flourishes and more realistic style stamps; today's cards were made using Fox & Friends (118565).  Now I challenge you to go outside of your comfort zone, create a card with a stamp set that you haven't used in a long time.  Send me a photo of your creation to share on the blog.


This Thank You note card is 4.25" square on a Real Red (102482) card stock base.  The lower half is Soft Suede (115318) card stock that has been run through the Big Shot (113439) and the Square Lattice (119976) embossing folder.  I really love the texture from this folder.  The fox is stamped in Real Red (103133) ink on Very Vanilla (101650) card stock and punched out with the 1-3/8" circle punch.  I punched a mat with the 1-3/8" scalloped circle punch.  The strip down the center was punched on both sides with the Scallop Trim Border (118402) punch.  The sentiment comes from A Word for You (120528) and punched with the Word Window (119857) punch. 


It is so hard for me to believe that my grandson, Adam, will be turning 2 years old next month.  It seems that it was only yesterday that I was making his birth announcements.  This card welcomes a baby boy in Marina Mist (119682), Crumb Cake (120593) and Soft Suede (115318) card stock and inks.  If you are welcoming a baby girl, simply change the colors to Certainly Celery (105125) and Pretty in Pink (100459).  The monkey, whale, lion & owl were stamped on Very Vanilla (101650) card stock in a random pattern. 
Alphabet Zoo is what I named this card.  The base is More Mustard (100946) card stock.  I used the most versatile embossing folder Perfect Polka Dots (117335) on a strip of Cajun Craze (119684) to give it some textural interest.  The four animals are stamped in Always Artichoke (), More Mustard (), Cajun Craze (), and Early Espresso () inks.  The animals have one section stamped on Crumb Cake card stock and adhered with Dimensionals to give a 3D effect.  The card is finished with a button from the Regals Collection (119744) tied with some Pumpkin Pie (119253) 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon.  I punched half a 3/4" circle in Cajun Craze and added a Garden Green brad from the Regals Collection (119737) to the bottom of the card.


I hope that you will take the challenge and create a few cards that include components that are out of your comfort zone.  Email me to purchase the stamps that will help you expand your zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment